hystry: Frequently Asked Questions
Hey, is this snooping on what pages I browse?
- Versions for a single website (1, 2) only snoop on pages to that particular site.
- The information will not be connected with you. We save IP addresses only
for debugging purposes. Eventually we hope to automatically destroy IP
address logs over 3 days old.
- You will soon be able to control in the firefox extension what
pages we are aware of.
- To delete your history, simply uninstall the hystry extension.
But what about secure information? Passwords? Credit card numbers?
- Secure pages (URLs
starting with https://) are not sent to hystry.com. Since the
extension is open-source this is easy to verify.
- We will only ever see the pages you visit. Information typed into
forms like email addresses, passwords, credit cards, etc. will only go to
the website you intend it for. Even if you type it into one of our
'mirrored' pages with changes highlighted.
- If the page requires a password, hystry.com will only see the login
page, not its real content.